Single Sign-on (SSO) allows a user to log into Indicative using an authenticated identity from a third party provider such as Microsoft Azure or Okta. SSO is available for Enterprise customers only. If you don't see your provider's instructions here, please contact us for further instructions.
To configure single sign-on using SAML2.0 and Okta you must create a new Application within the Okta administrative portal, populate the appropriate configuration information from Indicative in Okta, copy and paste the Identity Provider XML file into Indicative and assign users.
Follow the instructions below to get started:
1. Log into Okta and then click Applications
2. Click on Create App Integration
3. Within Create App Integration, click on SAML 2.0 and then click Next
4. In the General Settings tab, insert “Indicative” in the App name field. If you would like to add the Indicative logo, you can retrieve it from the Extras section of Indicative’s SSO Settings. Otherwise select Next.
5. Select SAML Settings and enter the following fields for which the values are located in Indicative's SSO Settings section:
- Single sign on URL
- Application URI (SP Entity ID)
- Default RelayState
Click Next at the bottom
6. On the Feedback Tab. Select “I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app” and click Next.
7. On the Sign On, click on Identity Provider Metadata to download the XML configuration file, open it using a text editor, and copy and paste into Identity Provider Metadata XML within Indicative’s SSO Settings
8. Your application is now set up for SAML2 authentication. You may test your application using the Dedicated Sign-on URL which can be found on the SSO Settings section within Indicative. To enable Home Realm Discovery, mapping your business domain to your SSO provider configure the Identifier-First Authentication section and make sure to disable Username and Password authentication under Email & Password Authentication.
To configure single sign-on using OneLogin, first add the SAML Test Connector to your Admin Portal at onelogin.com, then enter your custom organization settings. When your configuration is complete, copy and paste the metadata into your Indicative Organization Settings to complete your SSO setup.
1. Log into your OneLogin Admin Portal, then click Applications.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, select “Add App”
3. Under Find Applications, enter "SAML" into the search bar, then select select “SAML Test Connector”
4. For the Display Name, enter "Indicative"
5. Upload the Indicative logos, available at the bottom of this page
6. Use the custom field values from https://app.indicative.com/#/organization/sso to complete the required fields in Configuration:
7. Add the following Parameters:
8. Click Save.
9. Click to open the More Actions dropdown, then click download your unique SAML MetaData.
10. Copy and paste XML file into https://app.indicative.com/#/organization/sso, then click Save.
11. On the Default Project Access tab of Organization Settings, enable default project access for at least one project, then click Save.To test your SSO configuration, use the “Dedicated Sign-on URL” listed here.
Optional: Once your SSO configuration is tested and confirmed, disable Email & Password Authentication on the Email & Password Authentication tab of Organization Settings, here.