The walkthroughs below cover just a handful of the providers that are supported by Indicative's platform. Specific steps and processes may differ, but the overall setup process is similar for most identity providers.
To configure single sign-on using SAML2.0 and Okta you must create a new Application within the Okta administrative portal, populate the appropriate configuration information from Indicative in Okta, copy and paste the Identity Provider XML file into Indicative and assign users.
Follow the instructions below to get started:
1. Log into Okta and then select Applications
2. Choose on Create App Integration
3. Within Create App Integration, highlight SAML 2.0 and then choose Next
4. In the General Settings tab, insert “Indicative” in the App name field. If you would like to add the Indicative logo, you can retrieve it from the Extras section of Indicative’s SSO Settings. Otherwise, select Next.
5. Select SAML Settings and enter the following fields for which the values are located in Indicative's SSO Settings section:
- Single sign on URL
- Application URI (SP Entity ID)
- Default RelayState
Choose Next at the bottom
6. On the Feedback tab, select “I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app” and choose Next.
7. On the Sign On tab, select Identity Provider Metadata to download the XML configuration file, open it using a text editor, and copy and paste into Identity Provider Metadata XML within Indicative’s SSO Settings.
8. Your application is now set up for SAML2 authentication. You may test your application using the dedicated sign-on URL which can be found on the SSO Settings section within Indicative. To enable Home Realm Discovery, mapping your business domain to your SSO provider, configure the Identifier-First Authentication section and make sure to disable username and password authentication under Email & Password Authentication.
To configure single sign-on using OneLogin, first add the SAML Test Connector to your Admin Portal at onelogin.com, then enter your custom organization settings. When your configuration is complete, copy and paste the metadata into your Indicative Organization Settings to complete your SSO setup.
1. Log into your OneLogin Admin Portal, then click Applications.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, select Add App.
3. Under Find Applications, enter SAML into the search bar, then select select SAML Test Connector.
4. For the Display Name, enter Indicative.
5. Upload the Indicative logos, available at the bottom of this page.
6. Use the custom field values from https://app.indicative.com/#/organization/sso to complete the required fields in Configuration:
7. Add the following Parameters:
8. Click Save.
9. Click to open the More Actions dropdown, then click download your unique SAML MetaData.
10. Copy and paste XML file into https://app.indicative.com/#/organization/sso, then click Save.
11. On the Default Project Access tab of Organization Settings, enable default project access for at least one project, then click Save. To test your SSO configuration, use the dedicated sign-on URL listed here.
Optional: Once your SSO configuration is tested and confirmed, disable Email & Password Authentication on the Email & Password Authentication tab of Organization Settings, here.