Measure the impact of a specific step in your product's customer journey
Business Question: Do customers convert to "Create Account" at a higher rate when they engage with the "Support Chat" feature?
KPI: Conversion rates in multi-path funnel analysis
Indicative Tool: Funnel
Bookmark: Behavioral Analytics 101: Measuring the Impact of a Specific Action on the Customer Journey
- You will see each funnel step broken down into all of the test variant groups. In this case, we have groups A and B, where group A had a higher conversion rate. Click on each slice of the funnel steps to see what percentage of each variant converted, or view this in the table on the bottom of the screen.
- Once you run the query (by clicking the play button), you will see a percentage between each of the steps in your funnel. That number represents the conversion rate between two steps.
- However, it does not account for whether users started the support chat or not. We want to know the conversion rate for customers who engaged in the support chat, and for those who opted not to start a support chat.
- To indicate that Start Support Chat is an optional step, click the pushpin icon next to that step either in the query builder or on the graph.
We can see that the conversion rate is higher when customers engage with the support chat than when they do not. From this, we can infer that either:
- Customers who engage with the support chat demonstrate greater intent and therefore are more likely to sign up
- Customers who engage with the support chat become more likely to sign up because of the positive experience