The S3 integration with Indicative is available for Enterprise customers only. If interested, please contact us. You are required to grant S3 access to Indicative by editing the IAM policy of an existing S3 bucket.
In order to perform the following steps you must have administrative access to the AWS Console as well as your S3 database.
If you are integrating Snowplow data via AWS S3, please use our Snowplow Integration documentation instead.
You are required to configure an IAM policy to grant Indicative programmatic access to the respective S3 bucket.
- Click on Settings and select Data Sources.
- Click on New Data Source.
- Select the Amazon S3 icon.
- Click Next. The following fields will have to be pulled from your AWS Console
In the AWS Console
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam/.
- Under the Services dropdown, select S3 under Storage.
- Click on the appropriate bucket.
- Enter in the Bucket Name into the Indicative UI.
- Click on your bucket and refer to the bucket structure. Enter that into File Path field in the Indicative UI.
- Click Next
- Copy the policy by clicking into the box. You will need to paste this in step 10.
- Go back to the AWS Console. Select the bucket and click into Permissions
- Click on Bucket Policy
- Enter the copied policy from step 7 into the editor and click Save
- Go back to Indicative and press Validate Integration.
- If successful, you will see this scheduling screen.
Please select a date and time and enter your contact info to schedule a meeting with an Indicative specialist.
Grant Indicative the necessary information to move forward with your integration by completing this Data Integration Questionnaire.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above Integration, please contact your Customer Support Manager, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.