BigQuery as a Destination
Indicative for BigQuery is a fully managed data warehousing service that encapsulates the effort required to fully support, maintain and load your Indicative data into BigQuery. Because there is no infrastructure to manage, you can focus on analyzing data to find meaningful insights. The modern and infinitely scalable data warehouse provided by BigQuery combined with the enriched data from Indicative allows you to leverage additional value from your investment through a built-in SQL interface.
The BigQuery Export Integration provided by Indicative allows customers to easily export their raw Indicative data to BigQuery for further analysis via a SQL interface. The BigQuery Export Integration does not include derived properties, such as IP address or IP address based location information. The purpose of this section is to provide an overview of how Indicative loads raw data into BigQuery and what customers need to provide to configure and maintain the integration.
In order to use the BigQuery Export Integration for Indicative, the customer must provide programmatic BigQuery access to the Indicative Platform. The customer is required to grant dataViewer BigQuery access to Indicative.
In order to perform the following steps you must have administrative access to the BigQuery Console as well as your BigQuery database.
Create a BigQuery Dataset (Optional)
Open the BigQuery web UI in the GCP Console.
In the navigation panel, in the Resources section, select your project.
On the right side of the window, in the details panel, click Create dataset.
On the Create dataset page:
- For Dataset ID, enter a unique dataset name.
(Optional) For Data location, choose a geographic location for the dataset. If you leave the value set to Default, the location is set to
US. After a dataset is created, the location can't be changed.
For Default table expiration, choose one of the following options:
- Never: (Default) Tables created in the dataset are never automatically deleted. You must delete them manually.
- Number of days after table creation: This value determines when a newly created table in the dataset is deleted. This value is applied if you do not set a table expiration when the table is created.
Click Create dataset.
Share Your Dataset with Indicative
- ProjectId: the Indicative project ID to export
- BQProject: the GCP project name to write data into
- BQDataset: the BQ dataset name to write data into