User Properties are the properties associated with a unique user performing an event. This can be demographic information, User ID, or the marketing channel through which the user was originally acquired. These user properties are derived Indicative side from events and event properties passed through with each one of our integrations. Within User Properties, you may toggle user properties on and off as well as manage their display names, descriptions, categories and data type.
Adjust your User Properties by choosing Manage Data on the main menu, and then selecting User Properties.
Toggle User Properties On/Off
Indicative automatically turns on certain common user properties. Some of these include first marketing channel, last device, last location, and last user profile information such as email. Any traits and attributes sent through an Identify Call will be turned on automatically.
Under the Attribution Mode column, you may toggle the Off/First/Last selector to indicate which event properties you want to appear in the platform.
First vs Last
Each user property can take the first observed value or the last observed value. In order to toggle a user property on, you must select the attribution mode.
Rename, Define, and Categorize User Properties
- Under the Property Key, you see the raw property name that is sent to Indicative. This can be renamed in the Display Name Column.
- Under the Display Name column, you may rename a user property. User properties without a display name will default to their original name.
- Under the Description column, you may add a description to a user property. Descriptions are useful for new users, and/or when your project contains similarly named events.
- Under the Category column, you may create categories and assign user properties to them. Creating categories helps keep your Data Panel organized.
- Under the Data Type column, you may designate the format of your user property. You may select one of the following: Auto, String, Numeric, Location (U.S. State), Date/Time.