- Creating a query in one of our analysis tools (Segmentation, Funnel, Cohort, Users), and saving it as a widget. For more information on saving widgets to a dashboard, check out the following articles:
- Duplicating or moving widgets across dashboards
- Creating a new widget from a dashboard. To create a new widget from a dashboard, click "New" in the top right corner. Then select your desired widget type, create your widget, and hit save.
There are 5 different types of widgets that can be saved to a dashboard. They are as follows:
- Segmentation widget
- Funnel widget
- Cohort widget
- Users widget
- Text widget
- Free Flow lets you place your dashboard widgets wherever on your dashboard.
- Auto Flow automatically compacts widgets to the top of your dashboard.
For more information on organizing your dashboard, check out the Dashboard Visualization article.
Dashboard Refresh Intervals
Your dashboard widgets will refresh at the interval designated in the dashboard menu bar. For more information on dashboard refresh intervals, check out the Time and Interval Settings in Dashboards article.
To open the underlying query behind a widget, click on the widget title. Then, you may edit your query and save.
You may also open the underlying query behind a widget by clicking on the hamburger menu in the top right of your widget, and selecting "Open Query".
To edit your widget settings, click on the hamburger menu in the top right of your widget, and select "Settings".
Type your desired widget name in the "Title" field. You may also rename your widget by clicking into the widget itself and renaming the query from the query tool.
In your widget settings check the corresponding checkboxes to display the following within your dashboard widget:
- Show Title
- Show Date
- Show Legend
To move a widget, click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner of your widget. Then, select "Move". Select a dashboard in which to move your widget, and confirm by clicking "Move", or click "Cancel" if you changed your mind.
To duplicate a widget, click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner of your widget. Then, select "Duplicate". Then, select a name for your new widget, and select a dashboard to save your widget in. Click "Duplicate" to finalize your dashboard duplication, or click "Cancel" if you changed your mind.
To delete a dashboard, click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner of your widget. Then, select "Delete". You will then be asked to confirm if you want to delete your widget. Please note that your widget will not be recoverable.