The Funnel tool tracks users through any multistep sequence. Events in the funnel act as checkpoints users must pass through in order to make it into the next step. Each circle represents a group of unique users who performed a specific event in your sequence. Funnels enable you to calculate user conversion rates and identify key user drop off points in your user journey. For more information on the Funnel interface, click here.
Funnels are most often used for:
- Understanding conversion rates
- Charting how people progress through different stages of the user journey
- Investigating drop off in user conversion or engagement
- Understanding how users arrived at a specific event
- Understanding how quickly certain users progress through an event sequence
Begin an Analysis
In Funnel, each query row in the query builder represents a step in the user journey. To begin building a funnel analysis, drop an event into the chart or query builder as a starting point. Continue to add rows in the query builder until your funnel encompasses all desired steps.
To re-order steps in the funnel, click and drag a row in the query builder into the desired position in the sequence.
"By" Clauses in Funnel
Funnels are broken out using one "By" clause at a time. "By" clauses in Funnel enable you to track the makeup of users at each step as they progress through the funnel. To learn more about breakouts in Funnel, see Shared vs. Per Step.